Travel, Call Centre and Multilingual Recruitment Specialists in the UK
Assistant Finance Manager - Birmingham
Contract length: Permanent
Working hours: Full time
Maximum salary: Up to £40,000
Additional benefits: plus excellent industry benefits
Keywords: finance manager, accounts manager, finance jobs, accounts jobs
Introduction: Are you a hands on manager, with experience of running (or assisting with the running of) a busy finance department? If so, we have a fanstastic opportunity for you to join a leading, Birmingham-based Tour Operator as an Assistant Finance Manager. Ideally bringing experience from within the travel sector, the successful candidate will work closely with, and provide assistance to the Financial Controller, in a truly varied and extremely fast-paced role.
Meta Title: Assistant Finance Manager Birmingham
Meta Description: Are you a hands on manager, with experience of running (or assisting with the running of) a busy finance department?
Our client is looking for a strong team player as the longer term aim of the role is to develop someone into becoming a key part of the management accounts team. In return, our client can offer a highly competitive salary of up to £40k, plus excellent benefits including discounted travel and holidays, so if this role is of interest to you, please contact us today for a confidential chat or apply online.
Role of Assistant Finance Manager:
- Assisting with the production of management accounts
- Assisting with the running of the finance team
- Monthly reporting
- Weekly reporting
- Credit control, sending statements, dealing with queries.
- Check FX rates
- Payment processing
- VAT returns
- Ad hoc transactional finance
Skills required for the role:
- Finance or accountants experience from within the travel sector
- Previous managerial or team leader experience
- AAT level 4 or early level CIMA/ACCA is essential
- Good communication skills by phone, email and face to face
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word, Office and experience of Cognos applications would be helpful
If you’re interested in learning more about this Assistant Finance Manager role, please contact us for a confidential chat or press the apply online button now!
Sector: Leisure Travel,Tour Operations