Business Travel Consultant - Homebased UK WideUnfortunately, this role is no longer available.
Please contact us to discuss similar opportunities or to register your details for future roles.
- Salary and benefits
- £27,000 plus excellent benefits
- Contract length
- Permanent, Full time
Business Travel Consultant - Homebased UK Wide is available in the following locations:
- County Durham
- East Sussex
- Greater London
- Central London
- Greater Manchester
- North Yorkshire
- South Yorkshire
- Tyne and Wear
- West Midlands
- West Sussex
- West Yorkshire
- Mid Glamorgan
- Argyll and Bute
- Ayrshire and Arran
- East Lothian
- Perth and Kinross
- Stirling and Falkirk
- West Lothian
- Western Isles
We have a brand new and exciting opportunity for native GDS trained leisure and business travel professionals, to join a fast-growing Travel Management Company as they add to their team of talented, home-based Business Travel Consultants.
Our client’s Customer Care team is one of the foundations of their company’s success and growth and with this in mind, are keen to speak with candidates who are passionate about people and ultimately, enjoy making business travellers happy!
As a Business Travel Consultant, you’ll have the opportunity to become an expert in the Business Travel Sector, work with B2B customers and be part of a strategic team. You’ll act proactively, addressing your clients’ needs at any stage of their travels, ensuring high customer satisfaction and maintaining excellent relationships.
In return, our client can offer a fully-home based role and a competitive salary of £27k plus excellent benefits inc. 33 days annual leave (inc. bank holidays), up to 10 days unpaid leave, private healthcare, gym membership & life insurance.
If this role is of interest to you, please contact us today for a confidential chat, or apply online.
Role of Business Travel Consultant:
- Support B2B customers in their Business Travels
- Provide exceptional levels of customer care
- Liaise with suppliers and partners to resolve booking issues
- Keep high satisfaction standards and exceed customer expectations as much as possible when managing bookings, queries and requests
- Resolve problems by applying established company policies, procedures and tactics, and also by thinking out-of-the-box when anything established is not enough
- Addressing, pre-empting and solving problems
- Help define and establish best practices together with the rest of the team in sales, operations and customer care
Skills required for the role:
- Minimum 2 years within a leisure or business travel reservations role
- Strong proficiency on a native GDS - essential
- Excellent geographical knowledge
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Confident communicator
- Willingness to work a flexi-shift pattern
If you’re interested in learning more about this Business Travel Consultant role, please contact us for a confidential chat or press the apply online button now!
Call: 0161 408 0357 / 0358
Refer a friend and receive
Refer a friend today for your chance to receive our £150 referral bonus *terms & conditions apply