IT Helpdesk & Support Consultant - Birmingham
- Salary and benefits
- £20,000 to £24,000 plus excellent benefits
- Contract length
- Permanent, Full time
We're looking for an experienced IT Helpdesk & Support Consultant to join the team of a leading tour operator based in Birmingham. If you have experience gained within a similar IT support role, ideally from within the travel industry, this could be the perfect opportunity for you to advance your career with a friendly and professional IT team.
Reporting to the Head of IT & Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks of the business, including Installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications problems.
This is an office based role and our client can offer a competitive salary of up to £24k plus excellent benefits. If this role is of interest to you, please contact us today for a confidential chat, or apply online.
Role of Helpdesk & IT Support Consultant:
- Assist IT Manager to create, amend and implement new IT support reporting systems.
- Implement changes to website content and ensure amendments are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain and test websites to include the daily checking of the XML feeds and ensure that websites are fully functioning.
- Errata Management ensure that forward booking notifications are actioned
- Support in house team with IT Software queries to include Excel, UCA, Word, Vibe, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Provide support, including producing procedural documentation
- Take ownership of some IT queries from internal Staff - and seeing job through to resolution with help of IT Manager and external IT company.
- With the support of the Marketing Manager complete minor image manipulation/creation
- Apply content created by Marketing Department and ensure it appears correctly on website
Skills required for the role:
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role, ideally within the IT dept within a travel management / travel related organisation
- Good analytical and articulation skills
- Good knowledge and level of IT skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Good knowledge of travel systems such as Vibe, Amadeus, Traveltek, Galileo would be an advantage
- Excellent working knowledge of Dolphin
- Experience with Autotask PSA ideal but not essential
- Good knowledge of XML (including schema definitions is ideal but not essential)
- Good Understanding Of Crystal Reports and SQL server preferred although not essential
If you’re interested in learning more about this IT Helpdesk & Support Consultant role, please contact us today for a confidential chat or press the apply online button now!Apply online now for IT Helpdesk & Support Consultant - Birmingham
Refer a friend and receive
Refer a friend today for your chance to receive our £150 referral bonus *terms & conditions apply