Financial Controller - Tour Operator - BirminghamUnfortunately, this role is no longer available.
Please contact us to discuss similar opportunities or to register your details for future roles.
- Salary and benefits
- Negotiable plus bonus & excellent benefits
- Contract length
- Permanent, Full time
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Management Accountant / Financial Controller to join a leading, Birmingham-based Tour Operator. Ideally bringing experience from within the travel or hospitality sector, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the accounts department, managing a team of four, whilst ensuring all accounts functions are undertaken as efficiently as possible.
The role will have particular focus on high level budget analysis, the preparation of audits and management accounts, payroll and pensions and a "hands on" approach will be required at all times, as this is a fast paced and challenging environment.
In return, our client can offer a highly competitive salary plus bonus and excellent benefits, so if this role is of interest to you, please contact up today for a confidential chat or apply online.
Role of Financial Controller:
- Preparation of management accounts to target 10 working days
- Preparation of audit pack for statutory auditors within 3 months of year end
- Full balance sheet reconciliations
- Analysis of management accounts for board
- Reporting to board on variances in management information
- Preparation and overseeing of Rota and accounts processes, including the authorisation of teams leave in line with the Company Holiday Policy
- Management of accounts team members
- VAT returns
- Oversee staff travel account for Directors
- Increase efficiency within department and maximise automation of tasks
- Reporting to Operations Director, external consultant and managing director on matters relevant to the accounts department
- Mentoring of assistants within the department to further their career and develop their skills
Skills required for the role:
- CIMA qualified and min. five years experience within a similar role, ideally within the travel industry
- Good communication skills by phone, email and face to face
- Good IT skills
- Strong character and good management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks
- Attention to detail
If you’re interested in learning more about this Financial Controller role, please contact us for a confidential chat or press the apply online button now!