Travel, Call Centre and Multilingual Recruitment Specialists in the UK
Financial Controller - Birmingham / Hybrid / Homebased
Contract length: Permanent
Working hours: Full time
Minimum salary: £70,000
Maximum salary: £75,000
Additional benefits: plus excellent benefits
Keywords: financial controller, accountant, financial account, compnay accountant
Introduction: Our client is a private equity owned group of specialist travel and holiday companies. It operates a number of brands from their Birmingham-based office and is now looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join their team.
Meta Title: Financial Controller Birmingham
Meta Description: Our client operates a number of brands from their Birmingham-based office and is now looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join their team.
Responsibilities will include ensuring the timely and accurate provision of management information for internal and external stakeholders and to provide strong internal financial controls together with strong finance support for operational and commercial functions across the business. Further, to produce regular management accounts and to work with the appointed Auditors to finalise statutory accounts and any financial reports required for the regulator or banking partners. Another key part of the role will be to work with the CEO on producing daily reports to support the management team.
In return, our client can offer a highly competitive salary up to £75k, plus excellent benefits, along with a hybrid working week, with two days in the office and three from home, Mon – Fri 9am – 5.30pm. If this role is of interest to you, please contact us for a confidential chat, or apply online.
*Please note - for those living further afield, our client can offer a fully-homebased option, with occasional travel to the Birmingham office
Role of Financial Controller:
- Produce daily and weekly management information, providing advice and assistance to the operational team and the Board as to the performance of the company
- Produce monthly management accounts, including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Forecasts in the format of a ‘Board Pack’
- Produce annual statutory accounts and work with the Auditor to have these audited in a timely manner.
- Own all financial reporting, as required, for the Regulator and Banking Partners and ensure all licence applications and similar requirements are met.
- Provide a rolling monthly re-forecast to the CEO/Board.
- Support the Product & Commercial Team to contract suppliers and agree payment terms.
- Oversee the management and control of both sale and purchase ledgers and to manage cash and cash flows within agreed budgets and forecasts.
- Work with the Board and Management Team to prepare annual budgets, both departmental and consolidated.
- Support the Management Team in all aspects of the running of the company and managing staff, suppliers and customers as necessary.
Skills required for the role:
- Professionally qualified either CIMA/ACCA with a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role, with private equity experience - essential
- Travel industry experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Technical proficiency is required in the use of all Microsoft Office software to include Excel to advanced level at plus the ability to work across multiple platforms in an efficient manner.
- Proficiency in the use of several accounting software packages.
- Proficient at using MS Excel to produce financial models.
If you’re interested in learning more about this Financial Controller role, please contact us for a confidentil chat or press the apply online button now!
Sector: Leisure Travel,Tour Operations
Locations: Home-based,Berkshire,Buckinghamshire,Aylesbury,Cambridgeshire,Cambridge,Peterborough,Cheshire,Chester,Derbyshire,Gloucestershire,Cheltenham,Gloucester,Greater Manchester,Manchester,Herefordshire,Hertfordshire,Kent,Middlesex,Nottinghamshire,Oxfordshire,Oxford,Shropshire,Staffordshire,Stoke-on-Trent,Suffolk,Surrey,Warwickshire,West Midlands,Birmingham,Coventry,Worcestershire,Redditch,Worcester,Wales,Cardiff,Swansea